By Leva Duell
It may take 4 to 7 visits before your web visitors buy from you. New information, regular changes, and updates keep visitors coming back to your web site. As your visitors develop confidence in you, they will be more likely to buy from your products or services. Follow these tips to keep prospects coming back, win their trust, and increase your online sales.
Capture your visitors' email address
Collecting email addresses is essential to staying in touch with your prospects. Provide a free report or subscription to your ezine (electronic newsletter) to capture your visitors' email address. Follow up with ezines, offer more valuable information to establish credibility, inform them of what's new on your site, and invite them to return to your site.
Provide valuable information and benefits
If your visitors don't see anything that interests them, they will go to your competitors and may never come back. If you provide plenty of valuable information and benefits, they are more likely to bookmark your site and come back later.
Studies show that people spend more time at a site that changes regularly.
1. Make changes and provide new, original, and useful content often.
2. Update your web site at least once a month, even if the changes are minimal. Make small changes, e.g. updates, new articles, a tip of the week.
3. Keep all information current.
4. Indicate the items you updated.
5. Mention that you are continuously adding new information. 6. Ask visitors to bookmark your site and come back for new information.
Content that attracts prospective buyers back to your site
1. Updated information (e.g. industry information).
2. Timely information (e.g. events schedule, class schedule, articles, tip of the day/week).
3. Updated product (e.g. latest edition of your book, updated virus software).
4. New product (e.g. new software demo).
5. Quality freebies (e.g. free reports, tips, and electronic books; free pictures and graphics; free samples, book excerpts; free templates, software, sounds, and videos.
Provide valuable content and update your site regularly to gain your visitors' trust, keep them coming back, and turn them into repeat customers.
Top 10 Tips for getting potential clients to your website
Tips for getting potential clients to visit your website.
Have You Captured Me
Studies reveal that I'm most likely NOT going to
take action the first time I visit your site. Have you
heard the statistic that it takes about *seven*
contacts before prospects are ready to buy?
So how can you get the chance to contact me another
*six* times? The answer is to CAPTURE me, that is, get my e-mail address. To do this,
you'll have to offer me something valuable in return.
Website Promotion With Email Marketing
Email marketing can be a very effective tool to inform customers of future events, or attract new customers by increasing awareness about what your site offers.