Top 10 Tips for getting potential clients to your website
By Linda Markley
- Focus your website and your visibility efforts. Repeated exposure as an expert, to an appropriate group, is far more effective for therapists than a hug, random hit rate.
- Display your expertise in articles, interviews, quotes etc & include your website details
- Give people a specific, timely reason to visit or revisit (like a special offer, specific, pertinent information they can’t easily get elsewhere)
- Ask people to recommend you. You may want to consider networking or alliances, or you may already have people willing to champion you. Ask.
- Links not only bring visitors in their own right, they also help with some search engines, including the most popular Google. Consider:-
Search engines and directories are used by those who know what they want
|Trade and related directories|
|Exchanging links with complementary websites visited by the same group|
Create a tag line – a short phrase, including a verb, the essence of what you offer and encouraging people to visit your website. Include it on your emails (in an email signature), all printed materials (business cards, brochure, letter head etc) and anywhere else you can.
|Target phrases rather than isolated words.|
|Include words for your location.|
|Focus on the popular search engines in your country (consider google, yahoo, looksmart, altavista, lycos, hotbot, alltheweb, opendirectory, directhit)|
Be prepared when you talk about your work individually or in groups, to point people to specific related information on your website and give them a link to it or, better, get their email address and email the link.
Stay in their minds with repeat exposure. Give website visitors something of immediate value to them (information of some kind is usually easiest over the web) in exchange for their email address and permission to notify them of future updates.
Spread like a virus. Encourage and make it easy for people to tell others about your
|Have a ‘Recommend It’ button for them to easily email a link to your page to a friend|
|If you send out information in emails, encourage readers to pass it on in full (i.e. with your contact details)|
|Put your articles on free content websites so that others syndicate it for you |
Using Meta Tags Wisely To Attract Search Engines & Visitors
In this article, I will be discussing about meta tags. How to use the them effectively without spamming. Its not just another article about meta tags.
Website Promotion With Email Marketing
Email marketing can be a very effective tool to inform customers of future events, or attract new customers by increasing awareness about what your site offers.
An All Powerful Marketing Principle
Trust is that one single factor that in itself can propel your business empire beyond limits.
Online, Trust has always been a major player in unlocking the gates to
your business kingdom. With the emerging trends towards believability and honesty, it is even more
As a business coach specialising in the web, with her own thriving web-based practice, Linda guides her clients through the tricky process of translating their unique service into a compelling web presence for their chosen clients. At every step of the way, she will ensure that you develop and implement the right solutions for you so that you get those clients you want.